Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe jumps with flavor and smells awesome! An easy, 30 min meal from Rachael Ray. My family loved this!!!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 fresh bay leaf (I used dried)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried fruits (I used dates and apricots)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3⁄4 cup pitted mixed olive, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add chicken. Brown 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain leaving a small amount of oil in pan.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, bay leaf and season with spices, salt and pepper to pan. Cook 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in fruits, add lemon zest, olives and 2 1/2 c stock.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and turn off heat. Remove bay leaf.
- While chicken simmers, melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add nuts and lightly toast for a few minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 c stock and bring up to a boil then stir in couscous. Stir and cover. Let stand 5 minute.
- Serve chicken over couscous and garnish with parsley.
- This rocks!