Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (7 inch) pita bread rounds
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced radish
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced radishes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Add all ingredients for hummus in the blender until smooth.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients for the sandwich.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Spread 1/4 cup hummus on each pita round.
- Sprinkle lettuce, radishes and olives across centers of pitas.
- Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up pitas; secure with wooden picks.