1/3 Photos of Mini Shrimp and Feta Casseroles
This Greek Recipe is from Gulf Coast Kitchens, and boy it is delicious! Very easy to make and yet really impressive. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved lengthwise and cut into thin half-moons
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped or 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted and coarsely chopped kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ouzo (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- minced parsley (to garnish)
- 1Warm the olive oil over medium-low heat in a skillet;
- 2cook the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in the oil until the onion is translucent.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes, olives, capers and oregano; raise the heat just until the mixture rebring just to a boil; cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Add the ouzo, basil leaves and shrimp, then immediately spoon the mixture into four shallow individual casseroles.
- 5Top each casserole with crumbled feta and place them under the broiler until the shrimp are just pink and the cheese is browned, about 7 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with minced parsley and serve immediately with hot crusty bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Shrimp and Feta Casseroles
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.5
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 339.6 mg
- Sodium 2090.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 41.3 g