1/1 Photo of Mini Spinach-Feta Calzone Pockets (No Phyllo!)
I'm on a spinach feta craze right now. I'm not fond of most phyllo doughs but loooove pizza dough. I like calzones that don't have ricotta. How to satisfy all three? This concoction that was a lot of fun to make! Feel free to use another pizza dough recipe or a tube/bag of storebought dough, you need something that yields about one 12" pizza. Some Greek seasoning owuld also probably work great in this. A can with about a 5" diameter works as a nice cutter, so does a 10-oz ramekin or wide biscuit cutter. Cook/prep time doesn't account for the pizza dough. Depending on the dough yield and how much filling you put in each cutout, yields about 10-12 mini calzones.
My Private Note
mini ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Run the spinach through a food chopper/processor until it has about the same consistency as tabouleh, then put into a mixing bowl.
- 2Finely grate the feta cheese with a grater or food chopper then mix with the spinach.
- 3Add all the other ingredients on the list except the dough to the bowl and mix thoroughly-- except the olive oil, make sure just 1 tablespoon of oil goes in the mix.
- 4Roll the pizza dough onto a floured surface and make cutouts, about 10-12.
- 5Spoon about 3-4 tablespoons of spinach mixture (approx, I just used a serving spoon) into the center of each cutout. Place each cutout on a cookie sheet greased with cooking spray.
- 6Fold the cutouts over so they resemble little calzones. Make sure that there are no pointy edges or tops because they'll burn easily.
- 7With the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, brush the tops of the calzones. About 1 tablespoon should be enough to lightly brush them all.
- 8Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Spinach-Feta Calzone Pockets (No Phyllo!)
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.7
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 117.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: