Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Next time you're in the mood for Greek food, but you don't want to slave away in the kitchen, try this quick and easy recipe. If you have greek seasoning on hand you can skip making your own; making this recipe all the quicker. Of course, you'll need Tzatziki sauce. For that see Greek Lamb on Skewers (Souvlaki). Minute steaks are also known as Steak Ums.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander (crushed)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 (16 ounce) package minute steaks (A.K.A. Steak-Ums)
- 6 pita bread (whole)
- 4 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 2 onions (cut into strips)
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 5 ingredients or use your favorate greek seasoning.
- Separate the steaks, pat dry, and season liberally with greek seasoning. Restack and let sit in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine the stuff for the veggies in a bowl and let sit until ready to serve.
- In a non-stick pan, with a tiny bit of oil, fry the steaks in small stacks of 4-6 steaks per stack until brown. Remove and set aside.
- When all meat is cooked, slice the stacks into 1" segments.
- Brush the pita with olive oil and warm on a griddle or fry pan.
- Fold pita and pile on some meat, then veggies, and top with tzaziki sauce.