Pokey in San Antonio, TX's Note:
Next time you're in the mood for Greek food, but you don't want to slave away in the kitchen, try this quick and easy recipe. If you have greek seasoning on hand you can skip making your own; making this recipe all the quicker. Of course, you'll need Tzatziki sauce. For that see Greek Lamb on Skewers (Souvlaki). Minute steaks are also known as Steak Ums.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander (crushed)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 (16 ounce) package minute steaks (A.K.A. Steak-Ums)
- 6 pita bread (whole)
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients or use your favorate greek seasoning.
- 2Separate the steaks, pat dry, and season liberally with greek seasoning. Restack and let sit in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- 3Combine the stuff for the veggies in a bowl and let sit until ready to serve.
- 4In a non-stick pan, with a tiny bit of oil, fry the steaks in small stacks of 4-6 steaks per stack until brown. Remove and set aside.
- 5When all meat is cooked, slice the stacks into 1" segments.
- 6Brush the pita with olive oil and warm on a griddle or fry pan.
- 7Fold pita and pile on some meat, then veggies, and top with tzaziki sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minute Steak Gyros (Greek)
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.8
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 1577.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g