Posted in response to a recipe request.
Make and share this Mock Baklava -- Kataifi recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Gently boil for 15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Place shredded wheat halves in a single layer in a shallow baking pan; drizzle with butter or margarine.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- Sprinkle half of the nuts over the bottom halves of the biscuits & drizzle with half of the warm syrup.
- Replace top halves & drizzle with the remaining syrup.
- Spoon excess syrup over biscuits until absorbed.
- Top with remaining nuts.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream.