1/1 Photo of Mock Baklava -- Kataifi
Posted in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- 3Gently boil for 15 minutes or until syrupy.
- 4Place shredded wheat halves in a single layer in a shallow baking pan; drizzle with butter or margarine.
- 5Bake in oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- 6Sprinkle half of the nuts over the bottom halves of the biscuits & drizzle with half of the warm syrup.
- 7Replace top halves & drizzle with the remaining syrup.
- 8Spoon excess syrup over biscuits until absorbed.
- 9Top with remaining nuts.
- 10Serve warm topped with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Baklava -- Kataifi
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.2
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 60.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shredded wheat biscuits