Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These were always a childhood favorite of mine and my brothers. Serve these over rice, with a nice greek salad and some pita bread. The sour cream might sound strange, but it is a must when you eat these meatballs. YUMMMMY!
- Cook chopped onion until transparent in a small amount of oil.
- Add tomato sauce and water.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer over medium low heat.
- Bring a large saucepan full of water to boil.
- Add small amount of salt.
- Combine all meatball ingredients by hand in a large bowl.
- Shape into meatballs (the size is up to you).
- Drop meatballs into boiling water.
- Cook until the meatballs float to the surface (about 5 minutes), then transfer into the tomato sauce and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice with a dollop of sour cream.
These were different. I used an 8 oz can of tomato sauce since it didn't specify but I'm thinking that perhaps it should have been a 15 oz can. The sour cream did add a new dimension to the flavor.