These delicious coconut cookies are popular anytime of year...not hard to make and store well in a tin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites until starting to expand but still soft.
- 2Add sugar, honey, and extracts.
- 3Beat at high speed until very stiff peaks form about 8-10 minutes.
- 4Fold in flour and coconut by hand.
- 5Drop on well-buttered baking sheets by heaping teaspoonfuls, or use a pastry bag with a star tip#2.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- 7Let cool for a minute, then carefully remove to a rack to cool.
- 8Variations: For cocomacs, add 1 additional tablespoon honey to egg white.
- 9Then fold in 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa with the flour.
- 10Dip the bottoms of cooled macaroons in melted semisweet chocolate, drying upside down on a rack.
- 11Sandwich two dipped macaroons together to make a"macwich.
- 13If you can only find sweetened coconut, reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe to 1/4 cup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mouth-Watering Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g