1/1 Photo of Mum's Dolmathes (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These are a different version of dolmathes, already posted by Evelyn #59756. Its the way my mum makes them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the onions in a bowl with water and let them stand for 10 minutes. Wash them well and drain.
- 2Wash and drain the rice.
- 3Add in a bowl the rice, onions, the herbs, the seasonings and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4Rinse the leaves under running water and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- 5Place 1 leave on a counter, shiny side down and add 1 teaspoon of the rice filling. Roll but let it loose a lot, because the rice will expand. Continue with all the other leaves.
- 6Place the dolmathes in a saucepan and add 2 cups of warm water. Add a pinch of salt, and the olive oil. Let it boil and reduce the heat to low. After 10 minutes add 1/2 cup of water and the lemon juice. Simmer for 30 minutes more.
- 7Serve cold as an appetizer or as a full vegan dinner with a salad.
- 8Nice served with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mum's Dolmathes (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g