This is from "The Best Traditional Recipes of Greek Cooking". I have posted it as writted in the book, but when I made them, instead of frying them on both sides, I fried them until they were cooked on the bottom and almost set, then placed them under the grill to set the top. I used cheese kransky for the sausages (simply because I had them on hand), which worked well. I would love to try it with Greek sausages or chorizo next time. This was a very filling, tasty brunch, and it was easy to adapt to the number of servings we needed.
- In a frying pan, heat 2TB of oil, add the mushrooms and parsley and saute for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Then, beat 3 eggs in a bowl. Add 1/4 of the mushroom and parsley mixture and season with pepper and salt.
- In another frying pan, heat 2 TB of oil. Add the egg mixture, 1/4 of the sausage slices, and some more parsley.
- Stir a little and let the omelette fry on both sides.
- repeat this process with the remaining eggs, mushrooms, and sausages.
- Serve the omelettes hot.