1/4 Photos of Mushroom & Parsley Omelette
Sara 76's Note:
This is from "The Best Traditional Recipes of Greek Cooking". I have posted it as writted in the book, but when I made them, instead of frying them on both sides, I fried them until they were cooked on the bottom and almost set, then placed them under the grill to set the top. I used cheese kransky for the sausages (simply because I had them on hand), which worked well. I would love to try it with Greek sausages or chorizo next time. This was a very filling, tasty brunch, and it was easy to adapt to the number of servings we needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a frying pan, heat 2TB of oil, add the mushrooms and parsley and saute for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 2Then, beat 3 eggs in a bowl. Add 1/4 of the mushroom and parsley mixture and season with pepper and salt.
- 3In another frying pan, heat 2 TB of oil. Add the egg mixture, 1/4 of the sausage slices, and some more parsley.
- 4Stir a little and let the omelette fry on both sides.
- 5repeat this process with the remaining eggs, mushrooms, and sausages.
- 6Serve the omelettes hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom & Parsley Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1198.2
- Calories from Fat 1044
- Total Fat 116.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 630.0 mg
- Sodium 856.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 36.2 g