Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 453.59 g medium to large mushroom
- 226.79 g feta cheese, mashed
- 118.29 ml cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 59.14 ml finely chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml garlic crouton, crushed into crumbs
- Clean and remove stems of mushrooms and baste mushrooms with melted butter.
- Combine all ingredients except for the mushrooms and stir until mixture is well blended.
- Fill the mushrooms with the mixture, mounding the mixture high into the caps.
- Bake in a 350 F oven until hot.
- Then broil for a few seconds until lightly browned.
I deviated somewhat from this recipe based on what I had on hand, omitting the scallions and the garlic croutons - I just added 1 tsp. garlic powder, which worked beautifully. Also skipped the butter-basting which wasn't in the list of ingredients when I made these. I baked them for about 10 minutes on 350 and broiled for about 4 minutes until deep brown. I have one thing to say: YUM! Ok, one more thing: Thank you SO much for a great recipe, Secret!
I am just starting to try mushrooms, but these were FABULOUS!!! Made this for a get together and I had so many compliments. Will make these again! I made this the night before and covered them and refrigerated and it worked great!
Great flavor - I cut the recipe back to 4 large mushrooms and omitted the egg, added 2 cloves mashed roasted garlic. Baked in toaster oven at 350 for 12 minutes broiled for 5 minutes - they came out perfect. Served as a side dish for brunch Thanks for posting this delishcious recipe Gingerbear. I will be making these as appetizers too!