1/1 Photo of Mussels With Greek Yogurt, Capers, and Mint
This is another way to serve mussels as an appetizer. Prep time does not include chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and debeard the mussels and rinse in a colander under cold running water, discarding any whose shells are cracked or do not close tightly when tapped.
- 2In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the mussels with the wine, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes until shells have opened. Transfer opened shells to a bowl to cool. Re-cover and cook for a few minutes as needed until all the mussels have opened. Discard any that do not open.
- 3Once cooled, remove shells from mussels and reserve half for serving. Place mussels in a bowl and then strain the cooking liquid into the same bowl, discarding solids. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 4Mince the capers finely and place in a small bowl. Add yogurt and season with salt. Add 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid (which has been added to the mussels in the refrigerator). Mix well with a whisk to slightly whip the yogurt.
- 5To serve, in reserved half shell, dollop a small amount of caper yogurt, place a mussel on top, and garnish with mint.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels With Greek Yogurt, Capers, and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 537.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: