1/1 Photo of Mussels With Greek Yogurt, Capers, and Mint
This is another way to serve mussels as an appetizer. Prep time does not include chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and debeard the mussels and rinse in a colander under cold running water, discarding any whose shells are cracked or do not close tightly when tapped.
- 2In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the mussels with the wine, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes until shells have opened. Transfer opened shells to a bowl to cool. Re-cover and cook for a few minutes as needed until all the mussels have opened. Discard any that do not open.
- 3Once cooled, remove shells from mussels and reserve half for serving. Place mussels in a bowl and then strain the cooking liquid into the same bowl, discarding solids. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 4Mince the capers finely and place in a small bowl. Add yogurt and season with salt. Add 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid (which has been added to the mussels in the refrigerator). Mix well with a whisk to slightly whip the yogurt.
- 5To serve, in reserved half shell, dollop a small amount of caper yogurt, place a mussel on top, and garnish with mint.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels With Greek Yogurt, Capers, and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 537.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: