This is another way to serve mussels as an appetizer. Prep time does not include chilling.
Make and share this Mussels With Greek Yogurt, Capers, and Mint recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and debeard the mussels and rinse in a colander under cold running water, discarding any whose shells are cracked or do not close tightly when tapped.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the mussels with the wine, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes until shells have opened. Transfer opened shells to a bowl to cool. Re-cover and cook for a few minutes as needed until all the mussels have opened. Discard any that do not open.
- Once cooled, remove shells from mussels and reserve half for serving. Place mussels in a bowl and then strain the cooking liquid into the same bowl, discarding solids. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Mince the capers finely and place in a small bowl. Add yogurt and season with salt. Add 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid (which has been added to the mussels in the refrigerator). Mix well with a whisk to slightly whip the yogurt.
- To serve, in reserved half shell, dollop a small amount of caper yogurt, place a mussel on top, and garnish with mint.