This is my sister's creation that she often brings to gatherings. (I took the liberty of naming it) It is always a crowd pleaser. Easy to prepare and produces a large quantity. I use my Penzey's Greek Seasoning to make up my dressing and switch up the pasta shape each time but otherwise stick to the recipe. A colorful salad the children like to eat.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (or whatever shape you desire)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 16 ounces greek vinaigrette (sis uses Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced olive (Kalamata or black)
- Cook pasta until al-dente. Drain.
- Add chopped veggies, feta cheese, and 2/3 of the bottle of dressing. Stir well and refrigerate at least 2 hours. (I do this the night before the day I serve it)
- Dressing will be absorbed by the pasta during refrigeration. Stir in remainder of dressing before serving.