1/1 Photo of Mykonos Fillet of Sole
From a magazine. I had it in my collection. The note says NOT to use fresh bread crumbs since in this recipe it won't be as good as with fine, dry bread crumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lemon sole fillets (4 pieces)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- 2Combine fish, half of the lemon slices, wine, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Marinate, covered, at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk together egg, milk, and another 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl.
- 4In another shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 5When fish is done marinating, dip fish pieces, one at a time, in egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then dredge in bread crumb mixture, shaking off excess. Transfer to a sheet of waxed paper, arranging fish in one layer.
- 6Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 tablespoon butter in a 12" non-stick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Fry 2 pieces of fish, turning over once, until golden and just cooked through, 4-5 minutes total. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in oven, then cook remaining 2 pieces of fish in remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in the same manner.
- 7Serve fish with remaining lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mykonos Fillet of Sole
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.6
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 170.9 mg
- Sodium 795.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 47.9 g