Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chef #885596 Nica Chick had asked me to create a recipe based on a dish she and her DH enjoyed. If I say so myself Heavenly and Healthy. Use either both types of olives of double up on the one of choice.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced black olive
- 1 tablespoon minced green olives or 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans, if using canned rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup minced roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion, given a slight rinse and drain
- 1⁄2 generous teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1 generous tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 1 generous tablespoon fresh minced flat leaf parsley
- red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Pulse half the chickpeas in a food processor with the olive oil. Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Salt if desired just do taste because the olives, capers and canned chickpeas have lots of sodium.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Spread on sliced Crusty grilled Ciabatta bread.
- Garnish with additional olive oil and fresh herbs.
- Stuff into endive.
- Top cucumber slices.
A nice spread which I had on whole grain toast. Lots of flavor! I quartered the recipe. Made for Vegetarian Swap-Feb. 2013.