1/4 Photos of No Lackie Souvlaki
This recipe may be BBQ'd or grilled in the oven.If you like spicy food add a Jalapeno pepper to the dipping sauce. It can be served over rice as a main meat dish. Put meat over the rice and drizzle the sauce over it.For appetizers serve a cube on a toothpick with the sauce on the side This recipe will make 4 main course servings or 32 appetizers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (trim off any fat and cut into 3/4-inch cubes or smaller for appetizers)
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt or 1 1/2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1Combine Oil, lemon juice, oregano, pepper, rosemary and garlic.
- 2Place pork in non metallic container and pour marinade over the cubed meat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or over night.
- 4Combine the Yogurt,green onions, parsley & tomato. Place in fridge ready to serve with the kebobs.
- 5Skewer the meat loosely place skewers on baking sheet baste with marinade.
- 6For appetizers place cubes on a foil lined cookie sheet (not skewered) (recommend oven for cooking appetizers 400- 20 minutes)pour the marinade over the cubes.
- 7Now you may BBQ or grill the skewers in 400 degrees F oven.
- 8Baste several times while cooking
- 9Serve the yogurt sauce on the side at the table.
- 10For the appetizers when cooked Skewer meat cubes with a toothpick and serve with the Yogurt dipping sauce.
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Lackie Souvlaki
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.0 mg
- Sodium 189.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 52.6 g