This is an unusual but extremely tasty potato bake, my family find it a welcome change from the usual creamy bake. Rich in colour and flavour, I often also add thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes to this, about 100g, which lends a nice tang. It comes from The Vegetarian Kitchen. NB no matter how I try, in the ingredient list, 'potatoes' is showing up as 'potato'.... its supposed to be plural! That would be one BIG potato!!
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6.
- Cook the potatoes, in their skins, in plenty of boiling water, for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Brush the base and sides of a 1.5litre/2 ½ pint rectangular ovenproof dish, with some of the olive oil.
- Layer the potatoes in the dish with the rosemary, cheese and olives.
- Drizzle with olive oil and pour the stock into the dish.
- Season with salt and plenty of pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes, covering the dish with foil part of the way through the cooking time to prevent the potatoes from getting too brown.
- Serve hot.