1 hr 20 mins
Created for RSC #6. Spanakopita is one of my favorite dishes, and it's a recipe that just lends itself to so many variations. The possibilities are endless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Wilt the spinach in a saucepan over medium heat for one minute.
- 3Mix the spinach with the ground chicken breast.
- 4Add the eggs, crushed cashews, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Mix thoroughly.
- 6Take one sheet of phyllo and brush it with olive oil.
- 7Repeat with 3 more sheets, brushing each one liberally with olive oil.
- 8Using 1/2 of the chicken/spinach mix, place it along the bottom of the phyllo sheets.
- 9Leave a 1/2 inch margin on each side.
- 10Fold the two sides in so nothing will leak out, and begin to roll the sheets up away from you.
- 11Repeat this process with the other 4 sheets and the other half of the chicken/spinach mix.
- 12Bend each roll to form a wide crescent, and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 13Brush each crescent liberally with the olive oil.
- 14Bake for about 1 hour.
- 15If it looks like the dough is browning too quickly, cover it with a sheet of silver foil.
- 16Remove from the oven when done, and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- 17Cut into slices and serve.
- 18Can be served as both an appetizer or as a main course.
- 19Servings are for an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Chicken Spanakopita
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 148.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g