Veggie Girl NYC's Note:
Since buying a Soy Toy soymilk maker about a year and a half ago, I have been an avid user of recipes that include okara, which is the by-product that is leftover from the soymilk making process. This recipe comes from the cookbook that was included with the Soy Toy. It's a delicious--and nutritious!--way to include more soy in your diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the garlic cloves in olive oil until golden brown. (This eliminates the garlic "kick" that a lot of people find offensive, and the flavor of roasted garlic adds a warm taste to the hummus.).
- 2Add the chickpeas to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Add all of the other ingredients. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- 4Serve with raw vegetable crudites, crackers, or toasted pita points.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okara Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 137.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: