I'd actually like to try this because I love olive oil (the greener the better!) and I like Ice Cream (like everybody). This is from Kerasma's Fall 2006 issue of Gourmet Greek Traveler. This recipe was created by David Tsirekas, Owner-Chef, Perama, Sydney. Cook time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a thick, bottomed sauce pan add 3 cups of the cream and cinnamon sticks.
- 2Scrape the seeds of the split vanilla bean into the mixture and add the beans.
- 3Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- 4Set aside to cool for one hour.
- 5In an electric mixer at high speed, whip the egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar until the mixture becomes pale and creamy.
- 6Strain the cream and discard the cinnamon and vanilla bean.
- 7Heat the cream over very low heat.
- 8Whisk constantly and slowly add the egg mixture, stirring until the mixture coats the back of a spoon or until it starts to froth.
- 9Chill for two hours.
- 10Whip remaining cream and sugar.
- 11Fold into chilled cream mixture and then whisk in olive oil well.
- 12Put in ice cream churner. You may have to do it in two batches or halve this mixture for a domestic churner.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Oil Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1892.5
- Calories from Fat 1549
- Total Fat 172.2 g
- Saturated Fat 78.9 g
- Cholesterol 785.1 mg
- Sodium 128.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 75.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: