Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'd actually like to try this because I love olive oil (the greener the better!) and I like Ice Cream (like everybody). This is from Kerasma's Fall 2006 issue of Gourmet Greek Traveler. This recipe was created by David Tsirekas, Owner-Chef, Perama, Sydney. Cook time includes chill time.
- In a thick, bottomed sauce pan add 3 cups of the cream and cinnamon sticks.
- Scrape the seeds of the split vanilla bean into the mixture and add the beans.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Set aside to cool for one hour.
- In an electric mixer at high speed, whip the egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar until the mixture becomes pale and creamy.
- Strain the cream and discard the cinnamon and vanilla bean.
- Heat the cream over very low heat.
- Whisk constantly and slowly add the egg mixture, stirring until the mixture coats the back of a spoon or until it starts to froth.
- Chill for two hours.
- Whip remaining cream and sugar.
- Fold into chilled cream mixture and then whisk in olive oil well.
- Put in ice cream churner. You may have to do it in two batches or halve this mixture for a domestic churner.