Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Aglaia Kremezi. Use this oil to flavour salads and steamed or grilled vegetables. Mayonnaise made with this oil has an exquisite taste. This has a 1-week standing time.
- 1 jar best-quality large capers packed in salt, not in vinegar
- 2 -3 fresh hot chili peppers
- 2 cups fruity extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the capers under running water and drain well on paper towels.
- Chop 2 tblsps of the capers and place them in a clean, absolutely dry 2-cup bottle.
- Add the remaining capers and the chili peppers and fill the bottle with olive oil.
- Cover and keep in a cool, dark place for a week, shaking from time to time, before using.
- This oil will keep for 3-6 months in a cool, dark place.
The heat and the subtle taste of capers makes this oil top notch! I think this would be great over pasta and will use it over some steamed yellow squash! Thanks Evelyn!
Part I: Capers & hot peppers are 2 of my favorite ingredients. I halved this recipe & am now in "Waiting Mode". Part II: A tiny sampling convinced me this will be great for bruschetta, marinades & sauces & even brushed on fish b4 grilling. My mind races w/options. Thx for posting, Ev.
Just made this for the WT II and it is in the sitting mode. I plan to use this over fresh steamed garden veggies next week. Will update my review then.