From Aglaia Kremezi. Use this oil to flavour salads and steamed or grilled vegetables. Mayonnaise made with this oil has an exquisite taste. This has a 1-week standing time.
- Rinse the capers under running water and drain well on paper towels.
- Chop 2 tblsps of the capers and place them in a clean, absolutely dry 2-cup bottle.
- Add the remaining capers and the chili peppers and fill the bottle with olive oil.
- Cover and keep in a cool, dark place for a week, shaking from time to time, before using.
- This oil will keep for 3-6 months in a cool, dark place.