Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Flavorful omelets with a colorful mix of red peppers, black olives, onions and feta cheese
Make and share this Omeleta Horiatiki (Greek Omelet) recipe from Food.com.
- 12 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 ounces black olives, pitted and halved
- 7 ounces feta cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into round slices
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and saute the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the olives, red peppers and feta cheese to the onions and cook gently for a further 5 minutes.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl then add 2 tablespoons of the onion, olive, cheese mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in another frying pan and pour in the omelet mixture.
- Fry the omelet on both sides then repeat the process until all omelets are done.
- Serve hot.
Made this for two, very easy for a weekend morning breakfast. Added thyme, oregano and paprika. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 6.
Delish! I did cut the recipe in half and used orange peppers as that is what needed to be used up. Next time, I may add some herbs, some Italian Seasoning, or Herbs de Provence, maybe even some fresh herbs! Thanks for posting English Rose. Made for ZWT 6.
made for one really easy really good tour 6