1/2 Photos of "oopah!" Feta Chicken Breasts
I developed this recipe after seeing one that was similar, but did not have tomatoes, scallions and green pepper in it. My husband normally does not like feta cheese very much, but really liked the tang it gave this dish. The dish is as colorful and eye-pleasing as it is tasty. I hope you enjoy this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 roma tomato, chopped fine (approx. 1/2 C)
- 2 small scallions, very thinly sliced (green onions)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking pan with small amount of vegetable cooking spray.
- 2Randomly pierce chicken breasts with a fork to absorb lemon juice.
- 3Sprinkle 2 T lemon juice over chicken breasts, then season with salt and pepper.
- 4Top evenly with feta cheese, green pepper, chopped tomatoes and scallions, reserving a portion of green stems for garnishing later.
- 5Drizzle with remaining lemon juice.
- 6Bake uncovered in oven for 40-45 minutes until cooked through.
- 7Before serving, sprinkle with diced scallion greens and chopped parsley. If desired, a small amount of additional lemon juice can be drizzled over dish.
- 8Serve with crusty bread and butter and green vegetable of your choice. We like cut green beans sprinkled with a little oregano and melted butter.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "oopah!" Feta Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.7
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 598.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.4 g