1/1 Photo of Orecchiette With Spinach, Roasted Red Pepper and Feta
An easy vegetarian pasta dish that takes only as long as the time to make the pasta. This can be doubled easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place orecchiette in plenty of salted, boiling water and cook according to package directions (approximately 9 minutes) until al dente.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan and add minced garlic. Allow to cook for only about a minute (to soften). Add chopped spinach and season with salt and pepper (not too much salt, as feta will add saltiness).
- 3Add roasted red pepper and cook over low heat until spinach and peppers are heated through. Keep warm over a low heat until pasta is ready.
- 4When pasta is done cooking, add feta to the spinach mixture. Using a spider, take orecchiette from boiling water (reserving water) and add to spinach mixture on top of the feta. Toss pasta with mixture until thoroughly combined, then add pasta water (about 1/2 cup) until mixture is creamy and moistened.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette With Spinach, Roasted Red Pepper and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 683.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 14.5 g