Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy vegetarian pasta dish that takes only as long as the time to make the pasta. This can be doubled easily.
- 1⁄2 lb orecchiette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
- 3 -4 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped (use a kind packed in olive oil)
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- Place orecchiette in plenty of salted, boiling water and cook according to package directions (approximately 9 minutes) until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan and add minced garlic. Allow to cook for only about a minute (to soften). Add chopped spinach and season with salt and pepper (not too much salt, as feta will add saltiness).
- Add roasted red pepper and cook over low heat until spinach and peppers are heated through. Keep warm over a low heat until pasta is ready.
- When pasta is done cooking, add feta to the spinach mixture. Using a spider, take orecchiette from boiling water (reserving water) and add to spinach mixture on top of the feta. Toss pasta with mixture until thoroughly combined, then add pasta water (about 1/2 cup) until mixture is creamy and moistened.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious. I happen to have some roasted red peppers in the freezer, so used them. I believe I'll add extra garlic next time. :)
The combination of flavor and ease of preparation makes this an easy 5 star meal. 13 yr old son, who doesn't really care for cooked spinach complained about how much this made him drool.
This one goes on the rotation.