Tastes of the Mediterranean and perfect for a warm summer's day. May be used as a side dish or main course.
- Fill a 4 qt pot three-fourths full with salted water and bring to boil for orzo.
- In a small heavy skillet, heat 1/2 TBS olive oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and saute pine nuts, stirring frequently until golden, about 2 minutes; transfer nuts to paper towel to drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, parsley, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle in remaining TBS olive oil, whisking all the while.
- Add tomatoes and feta to the dressing, tossing to combine.
- Cook orzo in boiling water until al dente; drain and rinse until just warm, then drain completely.
- Toss orzo and pine nuts with dressing, coating thoroughly, then serve.
This salad is packed with flavour. I did add some green onion and left out the nuts, oil and vinegar. I added the hot orzo to the rest of the ingredients and the feta became nice and soft. It was so good, there was none left after lunch. Thanks for the recipe.
Loved this dish! So easy and I had a bunch of cherry tomatoes from my plants and this was such an easy tasty dish to use them in....
My husband and I really enjoyed this dish. We acutally used it as a main dish instead of a side. I used balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar just because we love balsamic on anything. The only thing I will do different is use less parsely just because I don't like the taste. My husband thought it was fine as it's written. This is a keeper. Thanx for posting !