Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Since we're strict clean eaters, and huge lovers of Greek food, here is our clean eating version of Gyros. If you like this, great! If not, it was developed for our tastes afterall... ;) ->Prep time doesn't include refrigeration.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat plain yogurt, drained
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cucumber, peeled grated & squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry dill weed
- 6 pita bread
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- lettuce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and egg, add turkey and mix well. Press into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until done. Let cool completely. I place it in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, stir your yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, garlic cloves, vinegar and dill together, and set in fridge until loaf is done.
- Once your meatloaf is cool, slice thinly and lay pieces on a plate for reheating. Place in microwave and heat until warm.
- This is how we like them: Smear some tzatziki over the whole pita. Lay down lettuce to cover, add meat, then tomato and onion on top.