Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- To make dressing, place the garlic, vinegar, salt, black pepper and cayenne in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Whirl until blended.
- Continuing to whirl, gradually add the oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thinly steady stream.
- The dressing will thicken.
- Continuing to whirl, add the anchovies or anchovy paste. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- The dressing can be used right away or covered and left at room temperature. If making the dressing more than 1 day ahead, cover and refrigerate.
The amount made isn't enough, I made 4 times, it all went! Great!
I love this recipe! However, I too, quadrupled the recipe, because the amounts listed wouldn't hit the blender blades. However, it is so wonderful to have around, that the extra is not problem. Thanks. Strawberry Girl!
Excellent! I love the rich taste of anchovies - yum. I made as stated but added a pinch of oregano. From having read other reviews, I didn't increase the garlic and it was great as written. Thanks for a great recipe!