1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sorrie Lue's Note:
This is my husband's favorite cake. I've been making it for him for years and he can't resist it. I found this recipe after a trip to Greece and have made a few changes to make things easier. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- 3Sprinkle walnuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- 4Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and Ouzo.
- 5Pour batter into pan, over the walnuts.
- 6Bake for 1 hour.
- 7Place on a rack and cool for 30 minutes.
- 8Invert onto a serving plate.
- 9Prick several times with a skewer and pour honey syrup over the top.
- 10To make honey syrup:.
- 11Combine honey, water, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a pot.
- 12Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- 13Cool for 30 minutes without stirring, or until mixture is syrupy (230 degrees on a candy thermometer.).
- 14Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- 15Stir in honey.
- 16Stir in Ouzo.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ouzo Keik (Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.6
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 635.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 87.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: