1/6 Photos of Ouzo Meatballs
I love meatballs and I love all kinds of them. This version with Greek spices can be used as appetizer, as "Hamburger" or cooked again in tomato sauce. Mint, Dill and Ouzo give them the special touch! If you dont' have ouzo feel free to usa any anised spirits (for example the french "pastis").
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 500 g ground meat (better beef of beef-lamb mix)
- 3 tablespoons bread (crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon dill (fresh or frozen, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon mint (fresh or frozen, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh,or frozen, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons ouzo (or any anised spirit)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup wine, white or 1/3 cup milk
- 1Fry onions in olive oil until golden.
- 2Mix fried onion and all other ingredients together. For this step I use a food processor provided of a spiral dough hook.
- 3Grease a baking mold with olive oil.
- 4Grease your hands and shape small balls of about 2’’.
- 5Bake under the grill for about 15 Minutes or until lightly browned und through.
- 6Serve warm or cold.
- 7Note: After cooking or just before finishing you can add to the mold the content of 1 tin canned tomatoes, fried onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Bake until boiling and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ouzo Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 613.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: