I love meatballs and I love all kinds of them. This version with Greek spices can be used as appetizer, as "Hamburger" or cooked again in tomato sauce. Mint, Dill and Ouzo give them the special touch! If you dont' have ouzo feel free to usa any anised spirits (for example the french "pastis").
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 500 g ground meat (better beef of beef-lamb mix)
- 3 tablespoons bread (crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon dill (fresh or frozen, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon mint (fresh or frozen, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh,or frozen, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons ouzo (or any anised spirit)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup wine, white or 1⁄3 cup milk
- Fry onions in olive oil until golden.
- Mix fried onion and all other ingredients together. For this step I use a food processor provided of a spiral dough hook.
- Grease a baking mold with olive oil.
- Grease your hands and shape small balls of about 2’’.
- Bake under the grill for about 15 Minutes or until lightly browned und through.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Note: After cooking or just before finishing you can add to the mold the content of 1 tin canned tomatoes, fried onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Bake until boiling and serve.