The presentation of this dessert really makes this dessert look wonderful. This recipe was posted for Zaar World Tour II. Recipe adapted from Gourmet Mediterranean.
- 6 large pears, cored and peeled but stems intact
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 6 rectangles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten together with
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, fennel seed, pepper, raisins,ouzo & butter. Stuff a little of the spice mixture into each pear, pressing it inches.
- Cut each rectangle of puff pastry into an "X" shape. Place pear in center of each "X" and bring up the sides and wrap, overlapping and sealing with a little water.
- Shape leaves out of left-over pastry and adhere to pears with a little water.
- Brush with egg wash and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes, or until golden.