1/3 Photos of Ouzo Spiced Pears Wrapped in Puff Pastry
The presentation of this dessert really makes this dessert look wonderful. This recipe was posted for Zaar World Tour II. Recipe adapted from Gourmet Mediterranean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large pears, cored and peeled but stems intact
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 6 rectangles
- 1 egg, lightly beaten together with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, fennel seed, pepper, raisins,ouzo & butter. Stuff a little of the spice mixture into each pear, pressing it inches.
- 3Cut each rectangle of puff pastry into an "X" shape. Place pear in center of each "X" and bring up the sides and wrap, overlapping and sealing with a little water.
- 4Shape leaves out of left-over pastry and adhere to pears with a little water.
- 5Brush with egg wash and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ouzo Spiced Pears Wrapped in Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 157.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: