Prep 24 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is featured in the book "The Foods of the Greek Islands".
Make and share this Oven-Baked Pork Loin With Olive Oil, Garlic, Thyme, and Oregano recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 lb) boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Rub the garlic mixture all over the pork.
- Place the pork in a Dutch oven just large enough to hold it snugly, cover with aluminum foil and then the lid and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the Dutch oven, replace the lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°FF and bake for 1 hour more, basting twice with the pan juices.
- Uncover, baste again and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes more, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155-165°F.
- Remove the pork from the oven, cover and let rest for 1 hour to develop the flavors.
- Reheat in a 375°F oven for about 20 minutes and serve.
This dish is melt in your mouth delicious. The pork was really tender. I couldn't get the aleppo pepper so I used 4 parts of sweet paprika to 1 part cayenne in its place.
This is very easy and my kids and husband love it! Thanks for a great recipe!
That was a good recipe. although I just followed the cooking part, added some parsley and lemon to the baste it turned out well.