This recipe is featured in the book "The Foods of the Greek Islands".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- 2Rub the garlic mixture all over the pork.
- 3Place the pork in a Dutch oven just large enough to hold it snugly, cover with aluminum foil and then the lid and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 5Remove the aluminum foil from the Dutch oven, replace the lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- 6Reduce the oven temperature to 375°FF and bake for 1 hour more, basting twice with the pan juices.
- 7Uncover, baste again and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes more, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155-165°F.
- 8Remove the pork from the oven, cover and let rest for 1 hour to develop the flavors.
- 9Reheat in a 375°F oven for about 20 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Pork Loin With Olive Oil, Garlic, Thyme, and Oregano
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.8
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.6 mg
- Sodium 433.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 56.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: