Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So good hot off the grill! A Greek recipe but also so popular in Australis, where lamb is raised.
Make and share this Palamidis Lamb or Beef Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small eggplant, unpeeled and finely chopped (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- metal skewer
- Combine lamb(or beef), eggplant, french fried onions, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in large bowl. Shape mixture into 2" meatballs, pressing firmly.
- Thread meatballs onto metal skewers. Place skewers on oiled rack. Grill over medium-high coals 15 minutes or until lamb is no longer pink, carefully turning skewers occasionally.
- Note: To prevent meat from sticking to hands, occasionally wet hands with cold water.