1/1 Photo of Panko Crusted Chicken Salad With Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing
Submitted by Nancy Walters, New Orleans, LA who was a 2009 Finalist in the Chicken Cooking Contest put on by the National Chicken Council, representing the West South Central Region.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups mixed greens, washed and dried (or arugula)
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing
- 1Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 2Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. In deep dish, place eggs and stir in water. In another dish, place panko. Dredge each chicken breast in egg wash, let excess drip off and then place in panko. Coat both sides of chicken with panko and press so panko adheres.
- 3In sauté pan over medium high heat, place butter and olive oil. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning once. Chicken should register 165° F on an instant read thermometer.
- 4Remove chicken from pan and cut into slices.
- 5On each of 4 serving plates, place greens and top with chicken. Add Caramelized Fruit and feta. Drizzle with Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing. Enjoy!
- 6Caramelized Fruit:
- 7Cut 2 firm plums and 2 firm peaches into halves to remove pits. If fresh fruit is unavailable, frozen may be used. Cut pitted fruit into 6 wedges. In saucepan over medium heat, place 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add fruit and cook 4 minutes on each side, just until fruit starts to turn brown and caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 8Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing:
- 9In small saucepan over medium heat, place 3/4 cup pomegranate juice and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Cook about 20 minutes, stirring often, until syrupy. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons orange juice and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko Crusted Chicken Salad With Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1076.2
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 277.6 mg
- Sodium 1638.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: