Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posting for ZWT6 (Greece)
Make and share this Passover Apple Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine cinnamon-sugar, salt and matzo meal.
- Add eggs yolks, oil and juice and grated rind of lemon.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites till they are stiff
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites
- Pour half of this batter into a greased 8ï¿½ X 8ï¿½ pan
- Cover batter with thinly sliced apples
- Sprinkle with remaining batter
- Bake for 45 minutes in 375° F oven
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Just like a yummy apple frittata really. I used breadcrumbs instead of matzto meal as that is what food.com suggested as a sub and it worked well. I served it with custard. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.