Tapenade paired with an aromatic paste of briny Greek black olives with sweet pieces of ripe tomato and small cubes of the eastern Mediterranean's pungent Greek sheep's milk cheese makes up this luscious dish. You'll can find Kalamata olives sold by weight in the deli cases of well-stocked supermarkets, as well as in jars. Some may be found already pitted. Substitute any other brine-cured Mediterranean olives you like. Serve with spaghetti, linguine, tagliatelle, or other medium-width strands or ribbons. One you won't want to miss!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pasta (spaghetti, linguine, tagliatelle)
- 1 lb kalamata olive, pitted (about 2 c.)
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled or 1 lb feta cheese, cut into 1/4-1/2-inch cubes
- 5 large roma tomatoes, halved, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-1/2-inch pieces
- 1Bring a lg. pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta to the water, and cook until al dente, following the suggested cooking time on the box.
- 2While the pasta cooks, put the olives, olive oil, garlic, parsley, capers, lemon juice, and oregano in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- 3Turning the machine on and off rapidly, pulse the ingredients a few times, then scrape down the work bowl, and process continuously until the mixture forms a coarse but uniform paste.
- 4As soon as the pasta is done, drain it, and immediately toss with the tapenade, and 1/2 of the Feta and 1/2 of the tomatoes.
- 5Top with the remaining Feta and tomatoes, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Kalamata Olive Tapenade, Feta, and Chopped Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1483.0
- Calories from Fat 954
- Total Fat 106.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 2617.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 33.7 g