from http://greekfood.about.com/ I'm not actually sure of the number of servings, so I have entered only 1.
- Note: If desired, add the lemon peel to give the pasteli a light hint of lemon.
- In a saucepan, bring honey and lemon peel to a boil.
- Add sesame seeds stirring continuously and continue to cook while stirring to mix completely and thoroughly.
- When the seeds are fully mixed in and the mixture has boiled again, remove from heat.
- Remove and discard lemon peel.
- Spread a piece of baking parchment on a cool work surface and spread out the hot mixture thinly and evenly, on the paper (about 1/4 inch high).
- When the pasteli cools to room temperature, refrigerate, as is, on the parchment paper (it doesn't need to be covered).
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours.
- With a kitchen shears, cut the pasteli into small pieces, together with the parchment paper on the bottom, and serve.
- To eat, peel off the parchment paper.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- To increase or decrease quantity: The recipe calls for equal parts by weight of sesame seeds and honey.