1/1 Photo of Pasteli: Sesame Honey Candy
Az B's Note:
from http://greekfood.about.com/ I'm not actually sure of the number of servings, so I have entered only 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: If desired, add the lemon peel to give the pasteli a light hint of lemon.
- 2In a saucepan, bring honey and lemon peel to a boil.
- 3Add sesame seeds stirring continuously and continue to cook while stirring to mix completely and thoroughly.
- 4When the seeds are fully mixed in and the mixture has boiled again, remove from heat.
- 5Remove and discard lemon peel.
- 6Spread a piece of baking parchment on a cool work surface and spread out the hot mixture thinly and evenly, on the paper (about 1/4 inch high).
- 7When the pasteli cools to room temperature, refrigerate, as is, on the parchment paper (it doesn't need to be covered).
- 8Chill for at least 2-3 hours.
- 9With a kitchen shears, cut the pasteli into small pieces, together with the parchment paper on the bottom, and serve.
- 10To eat, peel off the parchment paper.
- 11Store in the refrigerator.
- 12To increase or decrease quantity: The recipe calls for equal parts by weight of sesame seeds and honey.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasteli: Sesame Honey Candy
Serving Size: 1 (884 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3849.1
- Calories from Fat 1931
- Total Fat 214.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 473.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 51.8 g
- Sugars 372.3 g
- Protein 77.9 g