Not exactly Greek - not exactly Italian - from Pasta Quick & Easy! Prepare in advance, put in the oven after work, make a salad & you've got dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) can anchovies, drained & chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1SAUCE: Heat oil in large skillet; cook onion& pepper for 3 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, stir& cook for 1 more minute.
- 3Add beef& cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink- about 10 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes& wine; bring to a boil, lower heat& simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until sauce is fairly thick.
- 5Stir in parsley& anchovies; season to taste.
- 6PASTA: Cook in boiling salted water for 8- 10 minutes, or until tender.
- 7Drain& transfer to a bowl.
- 8Stir in the cream& set aside.
- 9TOPPING: Beat yoghurt, eggs& nutmeg until well combined; season to taste.
- 10ASSEMBLY: Brush a large, shallow ovenproof dish with oil (or spray with Pam).
- 11Spoon in 1/2 the pasta mixture& cover with 1/2 the meat mixture.
- 12Repeat these 2 layers.
- 13Spread the topping over the final layer& sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- 14COOKING: Bake in preheated 375F oven for 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown& bubbling.
Nutritional Facts for Pasticcio
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.7
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 189.6 mg
- Sodium 553.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 31.8 g