1/5 Photos of Pastichio
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 45 mins
BLUE ROSE's Note:
When a neighbor of mine heard about the world tour I did they thought they would share with me some of their recipes. Nothing like good greek food! I hope I got the cooking time right..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground meat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cool macaroni, but not until completely done as it will be cooked in oven also drain well.
- 3Brown onion in butter until golden. Add ground meat and brown until redness is gone.
- 4Add seasonings, tomato sauce and water and continue cooking slowly until water is absorbed.
- 5Add beaten eggs, meat sauce and cheese to drained macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- 6Spread in greased, 10 x 15 inch deep baking pan.
- 7In a sauce pan, add all cream sauce ingredients and cook slowly.
- 8Mixing continuously until starts bubbling.
- 9Remove and spread on top of macaroni in pan.
- 10Sprinkle cinnamon over and bake for about 1 hour or until golden.
- 11You my sprinkle more parmesan cheese over also.
Nutritional Facts for Pastichio
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.4
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 219.7 mg
- Sodium 437.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground meat