1/2 Photos of Pattypan Squash With Pastitsio Topping
Perfect side dish for Greek or Italian casseroles! Or use a Mexican cheese like queso ranchero for Mexican night. Inspired by ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Bring pattypan to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 5Heat butter over medium heat, stir in flour until smooth and just slightly browned.
- 6Add milk a little at a time, stirring to incorporate each addition, then add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
- 7In a small bowl, temper the beaten egg by adding a spoonful of bechamel and stirring, repeating 3-4 times. Then add the egg mixture to the bechamel and stir.
- 8PUT TOGETHER:.
- 9Using a grapefruit knife, cut the top of the pattypan's off leaving a nice "bowl" to fill.
- 10Remove the stems from the pattypan tops you just cut off, then add the tops to the bechamel sauce and use a potato masher to incorporate.
- 11Arrange pattypan's in a 9x9 casserole dish and fill with the bechamel mixture, bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pattypan Squash With Pastitsio Topping
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 182.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: