1 hr 20 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This is a common meal enjoyed in Greece. It's incredibly delicious, and while it's cooking, the smell will have everyone in the house hanging around the kitchen. I find that the chicken stays moist if it is covered for the the first 20 minutes of baking. Serve with a crisp salad and crusty bread or pita.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- 2Arrange potatoes and garlic around chicken.
- 3Mix together lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper, and pour evenly over chicken and potatoes.
- 4Add just enough water until potatoes are almost about covered.
- 5Cover chicken and pototoes with 2 Tbsps. of oregano.
- 6Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF. for 20 minutes.
- 7Uncover, turn chicken; stir potatoes; and sprinkle on remaining oregano.
- 8If potatoes aren't at least half-covered with liquid, add more water.
- 9Return to oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- 10Chicken is done when both sides are lightly browned and potatoes are soft.
- 11Good served with crisp bread or pita.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peasant-Style Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 85.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g