This is wonderful served with a large Greek salad. Great for a quick supper or an elegant lunch.
Make and share this Peppered Pork Pitas With Garlic Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chop, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds (7 inches in diameter)
- Mix the mayonnaise, milk and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix pork, 1 tablespoon oil and pepper in medium bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil and when warm add onions and red pepper.
- Cook until onion is translucent and pepper is crisp tender.
- Add the seasoned pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
- Heat pita rounds as directed on package.
- Lightly spread one side of each pita round with garlic mixture.
- Spoon pork mixture over each; fold and serve.