1/3 Photos of Peppered Pork Pitas With Garlic Spread
This is wonderful served with a large Greek salad. Great for a quick supper or an elegant lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or 1/3 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chop, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds (7 inches in diameter)
- 1Mix the mayonnaise, milk and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Mix pork, 1 tablespoon oil and pepper in medium bowl.
- 3Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add 2 teaspoons oil and when warm add onions and red pepper.
- 5Cook until onion is translucent and pepper is crisp tender.
- 6Add the seasoned pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
- 7Heat pita rounds as directed on package.
- 8Lightly spread one side of each pita round with garlic mixture.
- 9Spoon pork mixture over each; fold and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Pork Pitas With Garlic Spread
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.7 mg
- Sodium 668.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g