Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very easy to make. Really quick if the crust is made before hand. Very refreshing as all berries are. I'm sure you'll enjoy it
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh, hulled, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- To assemble the crust place 1 sheet of phyllo dough over 9-inch pie pan, gathering slightly to make a ruffled and uneven edge.
- Keep remaining phyllo sheets covered while assembling crust.
- Brush phyllo dough with about 2 teaspoons of butter; sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- Place second sheet of phyllo in pan criss crossing the first. Brush with 2 teaspoons butter; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- Keep cross layering, buttering and sugaring remaining phyllo dough, butter and powdered sugar.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Place on serving plate.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over crust.
- Let cool.
- The crust can be made a day ahead.
- Rinse berries, and put into 3 individual bowls.
- Add 1 tbsp brown sugar,to each bowl and gently toss to coat, set aside.
- Just before serving, beat whipping cream in small bowl at high speed until slightly soft peaks form .
- Keep beating, while gradually adding 1/4 cup powdered sugar, until stiff.
- Fold in orange juice and vanilla.
- Fold in 2 cups strawberries, 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Spoon whipped cream mixture into center of crust.
- Arrange remaining berries over top;
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This turned out really good.My son loved them, I was able to save some for our new neighbors. They loved them too.