1/1 Photo of Phyllo Petals With Berries
1 hr 15 mins
This is very easy to make. Really quick if the crust is made before hand. Very refreshing as all berries are. I'm sure you'll enjoy it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2To assemble the crust place 1 sheet of phyllo dough over 9-inch pie pan, gathering slightly to make a ruffled and uneven edge.
- 3Keep remaining phyllo sheets covered while assembling crust.
- 4Brush phyllo dough with about 2 teaspoons of butter; sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- 5Place second sheet of phyllo in pan criss crossing the first. Brush with 2 teaspoons butter; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- 6Keep cross layering, buttering and sugaring remaining phyllo dough, butter and powdered sugar.
- 7Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- 9Place on serving plate.
- 10Sprinkle powdered sugar over crust.
- 11Let cool.
- 12The crust can be made a day ahead.
- 13Rinse berries, and put into 3 individual bowls.
- 14Add 1 tbsp brown sugar,to each bowl and gently toss to coat, set aside.
- 15Just before serving, beat whipping cream in small bowl at high speed until slightly soft peaks form .
- 16Keep beating, while gradually adding 1/4 cup powdered sugar, until stiff.
- 17Fold in orange juice and vanilla.
- 18Fold in 2 cups strawberries, 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup blueberries.
- 19Spoon whipped cream mixture into center of crust.
- 20Arrange remaining berries over top;
- 21Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Petals With Berries
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g