Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posting for ZWT These can be made ahead and frozen. If frozen doNOT thaw. Just bake as directed.
Make and share this Phyllo Triangles With Spinach , Feta and Ricotta recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled into fine pieces (about 4 cups)
- 6 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 bunch scallion, sliced thin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup minced fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon, juice of
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 frozen spinach, 10 oz packages thawed and squeezed dry
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil or 3⁄4 cup clarified butter
- 1 lb phyllo dough, thawed (14 by 9-inch)
- FILLING: Mix the feta, ricotta, eggs, scallions, dill, lemon juice, garlic, nutmeg, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in the spinach until uniform. (The filling can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.).
- PHYLLO LAYERS: Adjust an oven rack to the upper- and lower-middle positions and heat the oven to 375 degrees.Form the phyllo triangles, using a generous 1 tablespoon of filling per triangle. Spread the triangles out over 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake the triangles until golden, about 20 minutes, switching and rotating the sheets halfway through the baking time.