1/1 Photo of Pineapple-Yoghurt Ladyfinger Dessert
4 hrs 30 mins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
I saw this dessert on a Greek cooking show many years ago and I wrote the recipe down. However I only made it today and it is fabulous: creamy, light and just perfect for summer. I highly recommend making it straight away - don't wait like I did! Note that this dessert does require Greek-style yoghurt, ideally strained and with 10% fat. Also cooking time is actually refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- 2Whip cream with icing sugar and vanilla essence until firm peaks form.
- 3Fold yoghurt into cream - it should be a stiff, thick cream.
- 4Place ladyfinger biscuits on the bottom of a 20cm x 30cm baking dish or rectangular tupperware container.
- 5Pour 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice from can over each ladyfinger biscuit soaking them well.
- 6Cover biscuits with half of the cream and cover with pineapple rings. ( I prefer to chop the rings and then scatter them over the cream layer, as it makes it easier to slice).
- 7Add another biscuit layer over the pineapple and soak with the remaining pineapple juice.
- 8Cover with the remaining cream and smooth the layer well.
- 9Arrange pineapple rings over the top and insert the glace cherries into the holes of the rings.
- 10Allow to soften and absorb flavours in fridge for at least 4 hours,preferably overnight.
- 11Edited to add: I recently made this with one tin sliced pineapple and one tin peach halves. I mixed the juices from the tins and decorated the layers and the top with both types of fruit. Personally I liked this version even better than the original one I posted and encourage anyone interested to try different combinations of fruit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Yoghurt Ladyfinger Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy whipping cream