1 hr 30 mins
Zee Merchant's Note:
This is a great cake recipe that I got from a baking book. It's so easy to make make and tastes great! Goes great with coffee, tea or just by itself. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- 3Place pistachios and cardamom in a food processor and pulse until the pistachios are just chopped.
- 4Add butter, flour and 3/4 cup of the caster sugar and pulse for 20 seconds or until the mixture is crumbly.
- 5Combine yoghurt and eggs and add to the above, and pulse for 10 seconds or until just combined.
- 6Spoon into the tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer when inserted comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes and invert cake onto a plate.
- 8Peel the zest of the lime.
- 9Place the remaining sugar and 100ml water in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Bring to a boil and add the lime zest and cook for 5 minutes.
- 11Strain and cool slightly.
- 12Pierce the cake with a few skewer holes and pour hot syrup on the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio, Yoghurt and Cardamom Cake
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.6 mg
- Sodium 331.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g