If you are like me, sometimes there is to much of a good thing and that leaves leftovers. I made CountryLady's Greek Souvlaki and there was about 6 ounces left. What to with it? Stuffed Pita's of course. This is an quick fix for leftover Souvlaki. Of course you will also need leftover tzatziki! For a quick weeknight meal for two, serve with a large Greek salad.
- Over medium high heat, warm the oil in a non-stick skillet or wok.
- Separate the onion into rings and add along with garlic to oil.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until onions are lightly brown; stirring frequently.
- Add the sliced meat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until meat is warmed.
- Fill pita halves with meat and onion mixture, garnish with sliced tomatoes and tzatziki.
- Serve immediately.