Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are like me, sometimes there is to much of a good thing and that leaves leftovers. I made CountryLady's Greek Souvlaki and there was about 6 ounces left. What to with it? Stuffed Pita's of course. This is an quick fix for leftover Souvlaki. Of course you will also need leftover tzatziki! For a quick weeknight meal for two, serve with a large Greek salad.
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 6 ounces lamb, cubes sliced thin (precooked Souvlaki)
- 1 (6 inch) pita bread, round warmed and cut in half
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup tzatziki
- 6 slices roma tomatoes
- Over medium high heat, warm the oil in a non-stick skillet or wok.
- Separate the onion into rings and add along with garlic to oil.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until onions are lightly brown; stirring frequently.
- Add the sliced meat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until meat is warmed.
- Fill pita halves with meat and onion mixture, garnish with sliced tomatoes and tzatziki.
- Serve immediately.
I didn't have leftovers, so I cooked up some souvlaki and had this as "dinner for one" .
didn't have pita, but I did have wraps. Wonderful, easy and healthy meal!
made for Aussie swap, august 2010
Simple and yummy. I had cooked, sliced lamb from my grocery store and homemade tzatziki. I was able to put this together in minutes. I enjoyed every bite. Thanks for posting! ~Made for Zee Zesties on the ZWT6~