So good broiled, wonderful luncheon or dinner with a Greek salad and rice pilaf. adapted from Canadian Living mag. (cook time includes 10 minutes marinating time) The photo shows them in a pita, have tried them both ways in and on, equally good either way, also so good just over rice, preferable brown rice.
- Trim and cut pork into 1 inch cubes.
- In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add pork and stir to coat.
- Marinate for 10 minutes (make ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours).
- evenly thread pork onto six 8 inch skewers; place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush with marinade.
- Broil 6 inches away from heat, turning halfway through, until just a hint of pink remains inside, about 12 minutes.
- Spread tzatziki over each pita.
- Remove pork from skewers and place on pitas; fold over.