1/4 Photos of Pork Souvlaki
So good broiled, wonderful luncheon or dinner with a Greek salad and rice pilaf. adapted from Canadian Living mag. (cook time includes 10 minutes marinating time) The photo shows them in a pita, have tried them both ways in and on, equally good either way, also so good just over rice, preferable brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim and cut pork into 1 inch cubes.
- 2In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3Add pork and stir to coat.
- 4Marinate for 10 minutes (make ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours).
- 5evenly thread pork onto six 8 inch skewers; place on foil lined baking sheet.
- 6Brush with marinade.
- 7Broil 6 inches away from heat, turning halfway through, until just a hint of pink remains inside, about 12 minutes.
- 8Spread tzatziki over each pita.
- 9Remove pork from skewers and place on pitas; fold over.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Souvlaki
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.8
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 475.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: