Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 hrs
Meltingly tender lamb with herby garlic and lemon juices, would work well in a slow cooker.
Make and share this Pot Roast Lamb With Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs lamb shoulder, boned
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Trim off excess lamb fat, open out shoulder and rub flesh with some of the lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp of the oregano. Form into a roll and tie securely with string.
- rub outside of meat with more lemon juice,salt pepper and oregano.
- heat oil in heavy based pan and brown meat on all sides. Reduce heat and add remaining lemon juice, garlic and oregano.
- cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 21/2 hours or till meat is tender, turn meat occasionally during cooking.
- remove string and slice to serve. Pour juices into a bowl and serve separately.
It was ages since we'd had lamb, and this Mediterranean-style lamb, with its lemon, oregano, olive oil and garlic was just so wonderfully flavoursome. I added a few more herbs - rosemary and sage from a nifty grinder that I've been using in nearly every recipe since I bought it. I followed Blessed*One's lead and, after completing step four, cooked this in my crockpot, for about 5 hours. I also cooked some quarted onions, parsnips and baby carrots with it. The onions were in the pot for the full time; the parsnips and baby carrots I added part way through, and I added a bit more lemon juice when I added them so that they too were drizzled in lemon juice. I also doubled the garlic. Wonderfully flavoursome and SO tender. We enjoyed this for a small family dinner and everyone LOVED it. Thank you for sharing this recipe, lindseyclw!
Delicious! I followed the directions up until # 4, then I cooked it in a crock pot (I had no need for the string)on high for about 6 hours so it would be done when we got home from church. My shoulder was a little over 5 pounds. This was one of the best meats I've prepared in my crock pot!