Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Meltingly tender lamb with herby garlic and lemon juices, would work well in a slow cooker.
Make and share this Pot Roast Lamb With Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- Trim off excess lamb fat, open out shoulder and rub flesh with some of the lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp of the oregano. Form into a roll and tie securely with string.
- rub outside of meat with more lemon juice,salt pepper and oregano.
- heat oil in heavy based pan and brown meat on all sides. Reduce heat and add remaining lemon juice, garlic and oregano.
- cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 21/2 hours or till meat is tender, turn meat occasionally during cooking.
- remove string and slice to serve. Pour juices into a bowl and serve separately.